Community Health Worker Job
Job Number: RIH15795
Job Title: Community Health Worker
Department: 2PC&F Kopel HCC – 7721016
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- Two (2) years of verifiable experience providing information, education, intervention and/or referral services to culturally diverse populations.
- Recent experience (last 5 years) working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a health care setting preferred.
- Community Health Worker certification in Rhode Island preferred, but not required.
- Experience with motivational interviewing, advising/counseling clients, and/or participating in health promotion and health education activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, thorough record-keeping, follow through, and ability to juggle multiple priorities in fast-paced environment with multiple collaborators.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability.
- Prior experience using an electronic health record preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Specifically, the role of the CAP Community Health Worker is to:
- Operate in a supportive role within an interdisciplinary health care team utilizing an integrated care and treatment model.
- Provide screening, outreach, case management, navigational, and standardized evidence-based asthma intervention services to children and their caregivers who are referred for pediatric asthma management education and intervention programs.
- Collaborate with the medical home- primary care (PCP), hospital based, community (e.g., certified asthma educators) and school based health care providers (e.g., School Nurse Teachers), to deliver interventions that will maximize child asthma health outcomes.