Assistant Dean of Business, Science, Technology and Mathematics:
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Assistant Dean of Business, Science, Technology and Mathematics|
|Department||Dean of Business, Science & Technology Office|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.
We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Provide leadership in the planning and assessment process that leads to continuous improvement in the division, ensuring that all programs comply with RI Council on Postsecondary Education policies, NEASC accreditation guidelines, and any other applicable accrediting agency guidelines.
• Assist the Dean in the faculty selection process, the monitoring of enrollment and retention data, the development of course offerings within the Master Schedule, and the facilitation of full-time and adjunct faculty orientations.
• Facilitate the Dean’s supervision of Department Chairpersons, including but not limited to evaluation, workload assignments, and requests for release time in compliance with faculty and adjunct collective bargaining agreements.
• Assist the Dean in the administration of collective bargaining agreements and college and division policies.
• Assist the Dean in preparing and managing the division budget, including budgets for any grant-funded initiatives.
• Work collaboratively with the Dean, Department Chairpersons, and the Center for Workforce Development (CWCE) to develop new programs, certificates, and other training opportunities as indicated, including new online, competency-based, or multi-campus programs.
• Oversee high school partnerships, including dual and concurrent enrollment programs.
• Oversee the coordination of the Assessment of Prior Learning.
• Oversee the administration of any grants awarded related to business, science, and technology education, including the Carl D. Perkins Grant.
• Maintain statistics on enrollments and follow-up studies of Business, Science, and Technology program graduates.
• Participate in meetings and committee assignments on behalf of the Dean.
• Monitor national, regional, and local employment trends in order to interpret the significance of such trends to the administration and faculty and inform the new program development and program review processes.
• Work with Marketing & Communications to develop recruitment brochures, catalog descriptions, and web presence.
• Hire, supervise, and evaluate staff as required.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment, and with students of various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life-experiences.
• Other related duties as assigned.
|Minimum Qualifications||• Master’s degree or higher in STEM or related field required.
• Minimum three years of experience in higher education administration required.
• Experience in student data analysis, assessment, and accreditation reporting required.
• Experience in budget preparation and monitoring required.
• Previous undergraduate teaching experience required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity and to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Ability to travel on a regular basis to all CCRI campus locations, high school, and industry partners in Rhode Island.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Earned doctorate preferred.
• Experience in new program development preferred.
• Experience in a unionized environment desirable.
|Reports To||Dean of Business, Science, Technology and Mathematics|
|Campus Location||Multi-Campus Locations|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||35 hours per week|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||None|
|Pay Grade||BOE 15|
|Salary Range||Hiring salary range begins at $67,471; Hiring salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Additional Salary Information|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Must have access to own use of transportation.|
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||asap|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
Posting Detail Information
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||02/01/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)||02/21/2018|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||The closing date to apply for this position is 2/21/18. This date includes a five-day grace period. Application materials will not be accepted after 11:59pm EST on 2/21/18.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume by the closing date. You do not need to complete the ‘Education History’ or ‘Employment History’ sections within the application if you are attaching a resume that includes the same information. Please include contact information of three references within the application. Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master’s degree, or higher, in STEM or related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of three years of experience in higher education administration?
- * Do you have experience in student data analysis, assessment, and accreditation reporting?
- * Do you have experience in budget preparation and monitoring?
- * Do you have previous undergraduate teaching experience?
- * Do you have experience in new program development?
- * Do you have experience in a unionized environment?
- * Do you have the ability to travel on a regular basis to all CCRI campus locations, high schools, and industry partners in Rhode Island?
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document