Auxiliary Business Services Director:
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Auxiliary Business Services Director|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.
We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
Responsible for ensuring accurate financial accounting, asset management, budgeting, and related processes for CCRI Auxiliary Services including Bookstore, Dining Services, Vending, and Student Activity financials. Responsible for management and financial reports prepared for the College, the Board of Governors, internal and external auditors, and others both internal and external to the College. Ensure the development, implementation and documentation of financial policies, systems, procedures and controls. Facilitate year-end financials in coordination with CCRI’s controller’s office. Responsible for ensuring that Auxiliary operations at all campuses are safe, current, and financially viable.
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Manage and strategically plan for auxiliary services including, but not limited to, bookstore, food service, vending services and student activity funds.
• Responsible for managing auxiliary budgets, pricing, inventory, and procurements including but not limited to written reports, goal setting and performance evaluation, monthly revenue and expense statements, annual projections.
• Prepare and managing projects associated with all auxiliary services such as writing and evaluating Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), contract review, and vendor compliance to terms.
• Coordinate with Physical Plant and Technology departments as needed to facilitate the operational and equipment needs of the auxiliary units in concert with the college’s strategic plan.
• Provide strategic direction for operations and revenue generation
• Work with Student Services, Academic Affairs and other college divisions and departments to integrate auxiliary services into the core of the college’s mission.
• Participate in college committees, formal and informal.
• Periodically meet with Student Government, senior campus representatives, and vendor management, where applicable, to discuss auxiliary operations.
• Survey community on key subjects as needed with respect to student needs and satisfaction
• Supervise the management of all the daily, monthly and annual accounting activity of the bookstores ensuring timely update and accuracy of both the MBS and banner systems, the management of textbook adoptions and inventory, and the security of all bookstore assets including the disbursement of Pell awards through the Campus Store managers.
• Supervise the Campus Store Managers in their planning, coordination, and preparations for physical inventory counts and verification to financials, overview of monthly financial statements, balance sheet reconciliations, as well as schedules for year-end audit in coordination with the Controller.
• Oversee auxiliary vendor outcomes in compliance to contract terms and financials.
• Ensure and review analysis of cash flows, sales trends, book to physical inventory variances, and profit margins by retail class on a semester basis.
• Outcomes must be effective in ensuring that service, quality and pricing offered by auxiliary services are balanced with fiscal solvency.
• Maintain current knowledge of industry standards, College and State policies and procedures, federal and state regulations, and current accounting standards.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Other related duties as required.
|Minimum Qualifications||• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ accounting, budgeting, finance or procurement experience involving the management and delivery of administrative support services to a large organization required.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in managing auxiliary-like operations required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated financial analytics and reporting in a comparable work environment required.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ supervisory and performance evaluation required.
• Strong multi-level supervisory experience with staff and business partner positions required.
• Must be able to work independently and have strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a detailed-oriented environment; be skilled in multi-tasking, priority setting, and meeting of deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
• Must be available to work necessary to facilitate activities such as semester rushes, buybacks and year end.
• Demonstrated ability to develop/manage budget and oversee and allocate fiscal resources is required.
• Facility and project management experience within auxiliary-like service operations required.
• Experience developing RFP’s, managing contracts, and developing effective business relationships required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to listen, able to clearly articulate thoughts/directions/expectations, develop reports/proposals, make presentations.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
• Experience in a higher education or elementary secondary environment preferred.
• Familiarity with State of Rhode Island procurement regulations desirable.
• Familiarity with the calculation/concept of Auxiliary Indirect rate desirable.
• Demonstrable knowledge of best practices and trends related to auxiliary operations and higher education administration preferred.
• Experience working in a service capacity with student clientele preferred.
|Reports To||Business Manager|
|Campus Location||All Campuses|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||Non-Standard; 35 hours per week|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||None|
|Pay Grade||BOE 16|
|Salary Range||Salary range begins at $72,834|
|Additional Salary Information||Hiring salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Personal computers, cash registers, pin-pads, cloud-based software applications, point of sale inventory system, servers, college’s administrative systems and software, calculators, and telephone.
Must have access to and use of own personal transportation required.
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||asap|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
Posting Detail Information
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||02/01/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be received by February 23, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Business Administration or a closely related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of three years’ accounting, budgeting, finance or procurement experience involving the management and delivery of administrative support services to a large organization?
- * Do you have accounting, budgeting, finance or procurement experience involving the management and delivery of administrative support services within a higher education or elementary secondary environment?
- * Do you have a minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in managing auxiliary-like operations?
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated financial analytics and reporting in a comparable work environment?
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years’ supervisory and performance evaluation?
- * Do you have strong, multi-level supervisory experience with staff and business partner positions?
- * Are you familiar with State of Rhode Island procurement regulations?
- * Are you familiar with the calculation/concept of Auxiliary Indirect rate?
- * Do you have facility and project management experience within auxiliary-like service operations?
- * Do you have experience developing RFP’s, managing contracts, and developing effective business relationships?
- * Do you have experience working in a service capacity with student clientele?
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document