Associate Vice President for Equity and Human Resources:
Associate Vice President for Equity and Human Resources
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Associate Vice President for Equity and Human Resources|
|Department||Human Resources Office|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||The Associate Vice President for Equity and Human Resources has supervisory responsibility for the staff that provide human resources services, talent development, equity and diversity support and Title IX. The Associate Vice President will serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and as a member of the President’s Council. As such, this individual will assume an active and collaborative role in strategic planning and policy development for the college.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Provide strategic leadership and operational management to all human resources and workplace initiatives to create alignment with the college’s strategic plan, mission, and culture.
• Provide oversight and leadership to a high-performing human resources and professional development team.
• Lead the full range of human resources services not limited to talent acquisition, professional development, succession planning, performance evaluations, benefits, compensation, labor relations, policy development, human resources information systems, diversity, and equity.
• Lead the college in attracting, engaging, and developing high-performing, competent, and collaborative faculty and staff.
• Plan, implement, and monitor the college’s workplace culture strategy including professional development and training.
• Maintain strong relationships with union leadership. Oversee and participate in the grievance and arbitration processes in a manner consistent with collective bargaining agreements.
• Streamline processes and provide critical data to support the work of the department and to
• inform senior level decision-making.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state law including Title IX and the Clery Act.
• Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Represent the college externally as needed.
• Other duties as required.
|Minimum Qualifications||• A Master’s degree or Juris Doctorate required.
• A minimum of five years of demonstrated success working in two or more functional areas of human resources in a complex organization. Examples of areas may include labor relations, employment, compensation, talent development, diversity and equity, compensation, compliance, organizational planning, employee relations, Title IX, etc.
• A demonstrated acumen for organizational development including an outstanding track record of successful strategic planning and effective aligning of resources to strategy.
• A demonstrated understanding of the importance of workplace culture to a high-performing, student-centered organization.
• Must be a dynamic and positive leader and communicator with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Must have a demonstrated, successful track record of implementing creative strategies, engaging stakeholders in planning and decision-making, and modeling and maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in written format and in oral presentations.
• Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork, creative problem solving, and utilize a participatory management style.
|Reports To||Associate Vice President for Administration|
|Campus Location||Initially located at the Warwick Campus|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||None|
|Pay Grade||BOE 18|
|Salary Range||$84,577 – $183,852|
|Additional Salary Information||Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Personal computer and software; other various office equipment which may include, telephones, copy and fax machines, calculators, etc.
Must have access to and use own transportation.
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environments.|
|Desired Start Date||asap|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||07/03/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Comments||The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
Our college is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment that supports the success of all our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student population.
We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and serve our diverse community.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of our college who not only reflect the demographics of our state but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve our community.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be received by July 24, 2018.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. You do not need to complete the ‘Education History’ or ‘Employment History’ sections within the application if you are attaching a resume that includes the same information. Please include name and contact information for three references within the application. Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree or Juris Doctorate?
- * Please list your degree(s) earned:(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have at least a minimum of five years of demonstrated success working in two or more functional areas of human resources in a complex organization? Examples of areas may include labor relations, employment, compensation, talent development, diversity and equity, compensation, compliance, organizational planning, employee relations, Title IX, etc.
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document