Director of Program Delivery, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses (10KSB)
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Director of Program Delivery, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses (10KSB)|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.
We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses (10KSB) Director of Program Delivery is one who:
•Is responsible for the curriculum content and instruction delivery of the 10KSB program, as well as the integration of the curriculum with the other key components of the program, business advising and the opportunity to access capital
•Is responsible for the planning and delivery of the curriculum as designed by Babson College and for any localization done in partnership with Babson
•Is part of the site delivery leadership team and is responsible for the recruitment, training and ongoing development of all site module faculty members.
•Brings appropriate academic and / or practitioner experience to the classroom, and is committed to an instructional approach that is theory-based, disciplinary integrated and experientially focused
•Uses a model of community engagement, and is dedicated to the program outcomes of job creation and revenue generation
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Instructs the first and last module, and opens and closes every module, clinic and/or workshop
• Assists in the identification, recruitment, and development of module faculty at CCRI
• Participates in the national 10KSB Training Seminar
• Plans with Babson and leads development of the localized materials as described in the core curriculum
• Proposes curriculum innovations for core and localized sections
• Assists in the identification and recruitment of local Business Support Services (BSS)
• Meets with the identified Business Support Services to plan curriculum delivery (exercises, panels, etc.)
• Assists in planning the points of integration with curriculum, BSS, networking, and access to capital
• Assists in the planning and delivery of cohort orientation
• Supervises the preparation of all course materials and course delivery logistics (room, equipment, etc.)
• Leads the local faculty team at CCRI. Coordinates scheduling and assists mod faculty as needed to support quality curriculum delivery
• Leads preparatory walk-throughs for each module (in person) and does so in conjunction with Babson for the first several cohorts
• Serves as key local “go to” person for curriculum questions or issues
• Responsible for delivery of Mod 1 and Mod 9
• Delivers the integrated core/localized curriculum as assigned
• Provides specific content linkages for scholars across sessions and modules
• Participates in the Measurement and Evaluation system (closed loop assessment process) throughout the program
• Modifies curriculum and/or teaching style based on assessment results and professional development experiences
• Coordinates with 10KSB Business Advisors on program content and delivery
• Participates in bi-weekly debriefing sessions to support program integration and consistency, includes faculty from the prior sessions and faculty for the upcoming sessions
• Participates in Scholar Support Service calls
• Assists with local maintenance of Basecamp to support current scholars
• Attends opening and closing program events and all clinics at CCRI
• Networks with business support services to enhance the local entrepreneurship ecosystem
• May assist in the scholar recruitment and interview process
• Leads assessment of faculty and assessment of sessions
• Participates in assessment of scholars overall program
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Other duties as needed to support program success.
|Minimum Qualifications||•Bachelors degree and deep content knowledge in a field related to entrepreneurship and/or small business required
•Expert in adult learning techniques and group facilitation, emphasizing experiential and peer learning approaches
•Expert in blending theory and practice and integrating across business disciplines in a classroom
•Ability to recruit, select, train, develop and coach site module faculty
•Understanding of the business advising process
•Ability to build and sustain a high functioning and performing faculty team
•Excellent spoken and written communication skills
•Experience with academic program design, implementation, and operations
•Excellent interpersonal skills
•High personal and professional ethical standards
|Preferred Qualifications||•Advanced degree and deep content knowledge in a field related to entrepreneurship and/or small business preferred|
|Reports To||Executive Director – Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Rhode Island|
|Campus Location||Initially located at the Warwick Campus|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||Non-Standard; 21 – 27 hours per week|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIPSA|
|Pay Grade||CCRIPSA 15|
|Salary Range||Full-time equivalent salary range begins at $60,572|
|Additional Salary Information||Hiring salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Must have access to and use of own transportation.|
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||April 2018|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
Posting Detail Information
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||12/27/2017|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)||01/31/2018|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Comments||*This position is grant funded and limited in duration with the possibility of renewal.|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||The closing date to apply for this position is 1/31/18. This date includes a five-day grace period. Application materials will not be accepted after 11:59pm EST on 1/31/18.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume by the closing date. You do not need to complete the ‘Education History’ or ‘Employment History’ sections within the application if you are attaching a resume that includes the same information. Please include contact information of three references within the application. Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree, or higher, and deep content knowledge in a field related to entrepreneurship and/or small business?
- * Do you have an advanced degree and deep content knowledge in a field related to entrepreneurship and/or small business?
- * Are you an expert in adult learning techniques and group facilitation, emphasizing experiential and peer learning approaches?
- * Are you an expert in blending theory and practice and integrating across business disciplines in a classroom?
- * Are you able to recruit, select, train, develop and coach site module faculty?
- * Do you have an understanding of the business advising process?
- * Are you able to build and sustain a high functioning and performing faculty team?
- * Do you have excellent spoken and written communication skills?
- * Do you have experience with academic program design, implementation, and operations?
- * Do you have excellent interpersonal skills?
- * Do you have high personal and professional ethical standards?
- * Where did you first learn of this job opportunity? (web site, advertisement/publication, agency referral, personal referral, other). Please be specific when using web site or publication names.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document