Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swim Program:
Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach|
|Job Summary||Under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, directs all aspects of CCRI’s
NJCAA Men’s and Women’s Swimming program.
|Duties and Responsibilities||Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for recruitment of qualified student-athletes for the Community College of
Rhode Island and participation in the Men’s and Women’s Swimming program.
• Responsible for hiring, supervision, evaluation and oversight of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming coaching staff.
• Responsible for the scheduling of games and other duties associated with execution of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming schedule.
• Responsible for budget administration and fundraising for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming program.
• Responsible for scheduling, organizing and supervising practices, scrimmages and games during the competitive season.
• Responsible for off- season conditioning program in consultation with Athletic Training staff
• Responsible for maintaining statistics and work in coordination with the Sports
Information Department as it pertains to publicity for the program
• Responsible for insuring all facets of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming program; including staff, student-athletes and others associated with program, maintaining compliance with all NJCAA, Region XXI, and CCRI rules particularly as they pertain to amateurism, eligibility, recruiting, and playing and practice seasons.
• Bachelor’s degree is required and a minimum of two years collegiate, high school or travel ball coaching experience.
• The ability to identify and attract outstanding students to the college, and ability to relate effectively with various constituent groups is required.
• Candidates must have some understanding of the NJCAA by-laws and the role of athletics within an academic setting.
• Successful candidate must have the ability to provide leadership and direction for staff, student-athletes and college community utilizing the facility.
• The ideal candidate will possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues; ability to work productively in a collaborative environment to meet deadlines.
• A valid driver’s license required and must obtain a current Lifeguarding and CPR/AED certification.
• Candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
|Reports To||Director of Athletics|
|Campus Location||Multi-Campus Locations|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||Winter Season; Evenings, weekends and off-season scrimages and practices may be required. Requires some overnight travel.|
|Additional Salary Information|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Must have a valid driver’s license and must obtain a current Lifeguarding and CPR/AED certification.|
|Environmental Conditions||This position will be required to work in swimming pool areas.
Must travel to and remain with teams for “away” games.
|Desired Start Date||October 2018|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||09/04/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Comments||This is a temporary, part-time position that does not include benefits.|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this position:
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of collegiate, high school, or travel ball coaching experience?
- * Do you have some understanding of the NJCAA by-laws and the role of athletics within an academic setting?
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license?
- * Do you have a current Lifeguarding and CPR/AED certification?
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document