Program Director – Continuing Education for Nursing & Allied Health
Program Director* – Continuing Education for Nursing & Allied Health
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Program Director* – Continuing Education for Nursing & Allied Health|
|Department||Dean of Health & Rehabilitative Sciences|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||Perform duties necessary to plan and coordinate Continuing Education classes, programs and activities including strategic development, implementation, promotion and evaluation. Serve all campuses, satellite locations and area partners, including businesses, organization, school districts, community centers and churches.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Ability to react in a timely manner to changes in health care needs within Rhode Island as well as nationally through the development of nursing and allied health continuing education.
• Increase the capacity of the current and future healthcare workforce to understand and apply core concepts of health system and practice transformation by creating programs that:
▪ facilitate integrated, team-based care
▪ increase the capacity of health professionals to integrate physical, behavioral, oral health, and long-term care.
▪ increase knowledge of emerging trends in health care such as population health and social determinants of health.
• Establish and maintain a Continuing Education Provider program for Nursing and Allied Health that awards CEUs.
• Prepare comprehensive documentation for continuing education program approvals in nursing and allied health. Responsible for monitoring adherence to required elements of all program accreditations.
• Offer continuing nursing education programs to assist registered nurses in meeting continuing nursing education licensure requirements and maintaining practice competency in a variety of interest and practice areas.
• Coordinate the processes of course preparation (from development to implementation) and instructor preparation (from hiring to classroom) for healthcare occupation trainings and nursing and allied health professional development. Assess course selection, coordination of facilities, organization, production and distribution of class schedules.
• Responsible for reviewing and approving all student course pre-requisites prior to registration, monitoring the adherence to required elements of the training program approval, submitting certification documentation to the certifying agency, if required, and maintaining all program records.
• Plan and coordinate open enrollment CPR offered on campus and community requests for CPR training offered off-site. Provide support and quality control for the American Heart Association ECC instructors who are aligned with the Training Center to provide instruction within the community and/or workplace.
• Evaluate need for expanded course offerings in advanced cardiac life support
• Cultivate relationships and serve as a liaison between the credit allied health programs, community and Continuing Education to ensure clear communication and development of quality programming to meet the needs of the healthcare workforce.
• Review all credentials, select and hire instructional staff or the healthcare occupation trainings and nursing and allied health professional development courses.
• Evaluate enrollment, complete cost analysis and make recommendation regarding class status (continuation, cancellation and rescheduling).
• Participate directly in marketing for courses offered, which includes active participation in marketing efforts with the goal of increasing program awareness, fiscal accountability and student enrollment.
• Schedule and/or arrange appropriate facilities for courses, seminars, workshops and certification exams both on and off campus.
• Approve all student course clinical requirements and certification documentation for healthcare trainings and nursing and allied health professional development courses.
• Work collaboratively in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment, and with students of various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life-experiences.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Other related duties as assigned.
|Minimum Qualifications||• Master’s degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration or related field.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with healthcare initiatives required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, knowledge of workplace competencies and understanding of skills standards required.
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Master’s degree in Nursing or Nursing Education is preferred.
• Demonstrated skill in management including organizing workshops, meetings, and group process facilitation preferred.
• Work experience in post-secondary education is preferred.
|Reports To||Dean of Health & Rehabilitative Sciences|
|Campus Location||Primarily located at the Lincoln Campus|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||35 hours per week; Non-Standard|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIPSA|
|Pay Grade||PSA 14|
|Salary Range||Range begins at $56,071|
|Additional Salary Information||Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||• Various office equipment which may include accessing student records on the college administrative computer system, personal computers, telephones, copy and fax machines, calculators, etc.
• Must have access to and use of own transportation.
|Environmental Conditions||• This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||ASAP|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)||*This position is limited to 6/30/2019 with the possibility of renewal after annual grant review|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||01/18/2019|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)||02/08/2019|
|Open Until Filled||No|
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||The closing date to apply for this position is 2/8/19. This date includes a five-day grace period. Application materials will not be accepted after 11:59pm EST on 2/8/19.
To apply for this position:
Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or related field?
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Nursing or Nursing education?
- * Do you have demonstrated skill in management including organizing workshops, meetings, and group process facilitation?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge and experience with healthcare initiatives?
- * Do you have work experience in post-secondary education?
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document