Business Advisor – Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Business Advisor 10KSB|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||A 10,000 Small Businesses Business Advisor (GS10KSB) is one who:
• Is committed to working with their designated small business owner scholars at the Community College of Rhode Island in a facilitative and supportive manner to identity their business needs and provide or obtain appropriate assistance
• Uses a model of community engagement to link scholars to other Business Support Services
• Works in a collaborative and supportive manner within the classroom and in advising sessions to help the scholars complete the program and program deliverables
• Brings appropriate practitioner oriented expertise to the classroom, along with an appreciation for theoretical frameworks
• Guides the scholars through the Access to Capital program opportunities
• Participates in measurement and evaluation activities as needed (including validation)
• Is dedicated to the program outcomes of job creation and revenue generation
|Duties and Responsibilities||Business Advisors are essential to the success of the scholars in the 10,000 Small Businesses program. The BAs advise their designated scholars as to the completion of the GS10KSB deliverables and the growth of their business, support the classroom environment, and link scholars to business support services.
The specific duties of the GS10KSB Business Advisor includes:
Advising and Curriculum Support
Other duties as needed to support program success.
|Minimum Qualifications||• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, entrepreneurship, sales or related field, is required. Advanced degree welcomed.
• A minimum of three years’ successful experience in business advising for a small business clientele
• Proven ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
• Strong spoken and written communication skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• High personal and professional ethical standards
|Reports To||Director of Program Delivery|
|Campus Location||Initially located at the Warwick Campus|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||35 hours per week; Non-Standard|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIPSA|
|Pay Grade||PSA 12|
|Salary Range||Salary begins at $48,258|
|Additional Salary Information||Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||• Various office equipment which may include computers, typewriters, telephones, copy machines, calculators, fax machines, etc.
• Must have access to and use of own transportation.
|Environmental Conditions||• This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||04/15/2019|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)||*This position is limited to 10/31/2019 with the possibility of renewal after annual grant review|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||01/23/2019|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)||02/28/2019|
|Open Until Filled||No|
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||The closing date to apply for this position is 2/28/19. This date includes a five-day grace period. Application materials will not be accepted after 11:59pm EST on 2/28/19.
To apply for this position:
Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years’ successful experience in business advising for a small business clientele?
- * Is your educational degree attained in business, entrepreneurship, sales or related field?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document