Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Programmer Analyst|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||Develop and modify computer programs and maintain existing administrative systems. Work from specifications supplied by technical leads.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Works with lead programmer analysts, business analysts, and managers to develop solutions for end users.
• Develop and modify technical documentation to support applications maintenance, operations, and end-user training.
• Collaborate with team members to complete assignments.
• Maintain status of work assignments to report progress using supported project management tool.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
• Works with IT Operations to troubleshoot and automate processes.
• Responsible for testing programs and procedures to ensure compliance with specifications.
• Troubleshoot problems and failures and work to resolve issues.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
|Minimum Qualifications||• Associate’s Degree plus relevant programming experience is required.
• Demonstrated ability to select, insert, delete and update data stored in a relational database such as Oracle and MySql is required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people of varying degrees of technical ability is required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and collegially with colleagues is required.
• Demonstrated logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required.
• Demonstrated capacity for self-directed learning is required.
• Excellent organizational skills are required.
• Ability to supervise others productively.
• Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team is required.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Working knowledge of Evisions Argos, FormFusion, Intellicheck preferred.
• Working knowledge of Cold Fusion development preferred.
• Application programming experience in an Ellucian Banner ERP software environment (Finance, Financial Aid, Student or Human Resources) preferred.
|Reports To||Director of Management Information Systems|
|Campus Location||Initially located at the Warwick Campus|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||Non-Standard; 35 hours per week|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIPSA|
|Pay Grade||PSA 10|
|Additional Salary Information||Hiring salary commensurate with education and experience.|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Must be proficient in the use of computer workstation equipment, computers, computer software and peripheral devices, such as printers and scanners.
Must have access to and use of own transportation.
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||asap|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
Posting Detail Information
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||02/15/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be received by March 7, 2018.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. You do not need to complete the ‘Education History’ or ‘Employment History’ sections within the application if you are attaching a resume that includes the same information. Please include name and contact information for three references within the application. Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an associate’s degree, or higher, plus relevant programming experience?
- * Do you have a working knowledge of Evisions Argos, FormFusion, and Intellicheck?
- * Do you have a working knowledge of Cold Fusion development?
- * Do you have application programming experience in an Ellucian Banner ERP software environment (Finance, Financial Aid, Student or Human Resources)?
- * Do you have a demonstrated ability to select, insert, delete and update data stored in a relational database such as Oracle and MySQL?
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document