Programmer Analyst, Information Technology:
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Programmer Analyst|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||Under limited supervision, responsible for developing and maintaining reporting data blocks, SQL, reports; within the College’s Business Intelligence systems; assist with ODS Administration tasks.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Define requirements in consultation with data custodians.
• Review program specifications to confirm logic and time estimates with user department and supervisor.
• Design, develop, implement, and support new data blocks, SQL and associated reports using Evisions Argos.
• Work with data stewards to test and evaluate results to ensure compliance with specifications.
• Follow reporting standards and naming conventions.
• Troubleshoot problems and failures and work to resolve issues.
• Participate in team review of work progress.
• Develop and modify technical documentation to support application maintenance, operations, and end-user training.
• Respond to technical emergencies outside of normal working hours as needed.
• Keep up with changes in software development tools and techniques, programming languages, reporting tools, and vendor supplied information systems for higher education.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively with others and provide quality customer service in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Perform other related duties as directed.
|Minimum Qualifications||• Associate’s degree plus relevant programming experience is required.
• Relevant experience writing standard queries and reports with SQL, PL/SQL.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people of varying degrees of technical ability is required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and collegially is required.
• Demonstrated logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required.
• Demonstrated capacity for self-directed learning is required.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
• Ability to supervise other productively.
• Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team is required.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Experience working with Ellucian Banner preferred.
• Evisions Argos and Oracle databases preferred.
|Reports To||Director of Management Information Systems|
|Campus Location||Initially located at the Warwick Campus|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||Non-Standard; 35 hours per week|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIPSA|
|Pay Grade||PSA 10|
|Additional Salary Information||Hiring salary commensurate with education and experience.|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Computers, computer software and peripheral devices, such as printers and scanners.
Must have access to and use of own transportation.
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||asap|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
Posting Detail Information
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||02/15/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be received by March 7, 2018.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. You do not need to complete the ‘Education History’ or ‘Employment History’ sections within the application if you are attaching a resume that includes the same information. Please include name and contact information for three references within the application. Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an associate’s degree, or higher, plus relevant programming experience?
- * Do you have experience working with Ellucian Banner?
- * Do you have relevant experience writing standard queries and reports with SQL, PL/SQL?
- * Do you have experience with Evisions Argos and Oracle databases?
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document