Senior Admissions Officer (Adult Recruitment and Onboarding)
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Senior Admissions Officer (Adult Recruitment and Onboarding)|
|Department||Enrollment Services Office|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||Oversee the day-to-day operations of Adult Recruitment and onboarding at the Community College of Rhode Island. Serve as the primary recruiter and point of contact for adult student populations working closely with adult education providers throughout Rhode Island. Lead the Finish Now Program, assisting students who left college a few courses short of earning a degree, guiding them to matriculation at the Community College of Rhode Island. Maintain a close working relationship with Student Services Offices at the College ensuring consistency with the College’s enrollment policies and processes.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Lead adult recruitment activities for the college.
• Work with Director of Admissions to set annual adult recruitment goals and develop a clear plan to achieve those goals.
• Participate in adult student recruitment activities including, but not limited to, using distance communication, college fairs, job fairs, community events, and visits to companies and agencies to meet students and provide college information.
• Collaborate with college departments such as, Advising and Counseling, Financial Aid, Marketing and others to provide services to students.
• Work with college administrative and academic departments to assist students in the matriculation process.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the matriculation processes for all programs at the Community College of Rhode Island.
• Attend statewide meetings for adult educators and outreach professionals such as Graduate RI.
• Work with IT to develop data tracking systems for reporting.
• Hold telephone, in-person and online meetings with students.
• Develop and maintain information on financial aid programs.
• Maintain confidential records, reports, and documentation for Finish Now and other adult student programs.
• Maintain a network of contacts and resources, including at the University of Rhode Island and Rhode Island College.
• Work collaboratively in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment, and with students of various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life-experiences.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
|Minimum Qualifications||• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least three years of professional experience in one of the following: recruiting; advising in an academic setting or program coordination experience.
• Must possess demonstrated strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency using Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
• Ability to travel from site-to-site and to provide own transportation.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Master’s degree preferred in related field.
• Knowledge of college financial aid preferred. Knowledge of and experience with marketing strategies highly desirable.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
|Reports To||Director of Admissions|
|Campus Location||Initially located at the Warwick Campus|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||Non-Standard; 35 hours per week; Monday-Friday; Evening and weekend hours will be required as needed|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIPSA|
|Pay Grade||PSA 11|
|Salary Range||Range begins at $44,780|
|Additional Salary Information||Hiring salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Ability to use computer terminal and related computer software. There is considerable communications via the telephone and through public speaking engagements.
Must have access to and use of own transportation.
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||asap|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||07/03/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)||07/24/2018|
|Open Until Filled||No|
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||The closing date to apply for this position is 7/24/18. This date includes a five-day grace period. Application materials will not be accepted after 11:59pm EST on 7/24/18.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume by the closing date. You do not need to complete the ‘Education History’ or ‘Employment History’ sections within the application if you are attaching a resume that includes the same information. Please include name and contact information for three references within the application. Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor’s degree, or higher, in a related field?
- * Please list your degree(s) earned:(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have at least three years of professional experience in one of the following: recruiting, advising in an academic setting, or program coordination experience?
- * Are you bilingual in English and Spanish?
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document