Senior Programmer Analyst, Information Technology:
Senior Programmer Analyst
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Senior Programmer Analyst|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||Develop and maintain programs within the College’s information systems.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Develop and modify applications, reports based on defined specifications with little direct supervision.
• Troubleshoot application problems and failures and work to resolve issues.
• Provide assistance to projects that support the implementation of college wide information systems in collaboration with functional users.
• Develop and modify technical documentation to support application maintenance, operations and end-user training.
• Provide training and support for information systems to faculty, staff, and students.
• Additional responsibilities as directed by the supervisor consistent with rank and position.
• Work with programmers and other team members to test applications.
• Work with Business users to provide solutions and to complete requests
• Provide technical assistance to user areas
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
|Minimum Qualifications||• Bachelor’s Degree is required; OR an Associate’s Degree plus four (4) years of relevant programming experience is required; OR an Information Systems Certified Professional plus eight (8) years of relevant programming experience is required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of application development experience.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people of varying degrees of technical ability is required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and collegially with colleagues is required.
• Demonstrated logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required.
• Demonstrated capacity for self-directed learning is required.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
• Ability to supervise and manage others productively.
• Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team is required.
• Experience with PL/SQL is required.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Working on complex applications in a higher education environment is preferred.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner ERP software (Finance, Financial Aid, Student or Human Resources) is preferred.
• Experience with data warehouse technologies is preferred.
|Reports To||Director of Management Information Systems|
|Campus Location||Initially located at the Warwick Campus|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||Non-Standard; 35 hours per week|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIPSA|
|Pay Grade||PSA 12|
|Salary Range||Hiring range: $48,258 – $66,301|
|Additional Salary Information||Hiring salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Computers and peripheral devices, such as printers and scanners.|
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||asap|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
Posting Detail Information
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||02/15/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be received by March 7, 2018.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. You do not need to complete the ‘Education History’ or ‘Employment History’ sections within the application if you are attaching a resume that includes the same information. Please include name and contact information for three references within the application. Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have one of the following: a) a Bachelor’s Degree b) an Associate’s Degree plus four years of relevant programming experience c) an Information Systems Certified Professional plus eight years of relevant programming experience
- * Please list your degree(s) earned:(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of application development experience?
- * Do you have experience working on complex applications in a higher education environment?
- * Do you have experience with Ellucian Banner ERP software (Finance, Financial Aid, Student or Human Resources)?
- * Do you have experience with data warehouse technologies?
- * Do you have experience with PL/SQL?
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document