Assistant Professor, Psychology:
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Assistant Professor – Psychology|
|Job Summary||Primarily to teach Educational Psychology, Social Psychology, General Psychology and other psychology courses as needed (over academic year).|
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Teach Educational Psychology, Social Psychology, General Psychology, and other psychology courses as needed (over academic year).
• To support existing faculty by providing expertise in specialization area (in terms of current knowledge, research, issues, and trends impacting the field).
• To provide support and mentoring to adjuncts teaching psychology courses.
• To advise and assist students regarding Psychology courses and other College programs.
• Engage in high-quality instruction in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment, and the ability to work with students with various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life experiences.
• Participate in college activities, including committee work.
• Use technology to enhance instruction and communicate effectively with the campus community.
• Be willing to travel and teach at multi-campus locations as required by department needs.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
|Minimum Qualifications||• M.A. or M.S. in Psychology.
• Recent (within last five years) undergraduate classroom teaching experience in psychology.
• Demonstrable excellence in classroom teaching.
• Previous experience teaching two of the following: General Psychology, Educational Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Personal Adjustment, or Research Methods.
• Graduate level course work in the core areas of psychology essential: i.e. research methods, biopsychology, life-span development, learning or cognition, and sociocultural (social, personality, abnormal, and/or cross-cultural).
• Demonstrated commitment to the community college mission and its diverse student populations.
• Experience using technology to enhance classroom and online instruction, manage classroom administrative functions, and communicate effectively with the campus community.
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
• Finalists are required to provide official college transcript(s).
|Preferred Qualifications||• Doctorate or Doctoral Candidacy in Psychology.
• K-12 teaching experience (to support Educational Psychology courses)
• Community College classroom teaching experience.
• Graduate course work in forensic psychology.
• Previous experience teaching General Psychology.
• Experience with a wide range of delivery systems (lecture, discussion, multimedia, web based course support, independent study, and other alternative methods of instruction).
• Specialization/expertise in area complementing existing faculty.
|Reports To||Psychology Department Chair|
|Campus Location||Multi-Campus Locations|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||Tenure-Track position|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIFA|
|Salary Range||Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Additional Salary Information|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment|
|Desired Start Date||2018 Fall Semester|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||06/28/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)||07/19/2018|
|Open Until Filled||No|
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||The closing date to apply for this position is 7/19/18. This date includes a five-day grace period. Application materials will not be accepted after 11:59pm EST on 7/19/18.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts by the closing date. You do not need to complete the ‘Education History’ or ‘Employment History’ sections within the application if you are attaching a resume that includes the same information. Please include name and contact information for three references within the application.
Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an M.A. or M.S. in Psychology OR a Doctorate or Doctoral Candidacy in Psychology?
- * Please list your degree(s) earned.(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have graduate level course work in the core areas of psychology: i.e. research methods, biopsychology, life-span development, learning or cognition, and sociocultural (social, personality, abnormal, and/or cross-cultural)?
- * Do you have recent (within last five years) undergraduate classroom teaching experience in psychology?
- * Do you have previous experience teaching TWO of the following: General Psychology, Educational Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Personal Adjustment, or Research Methods?
- * Do you have previous experience teaching General Psychology?
- * Do you have community college classroom teaching experience?
- * Do you have K-12 teaching experience (to support Educational Psychology courses)?
- * Do you have graduate course work in forensic psychology?
- * Do you have a demonstrable record of excellence in classroom teaching?
- * Do you have experience with a wide range of delivery systems (lecture, discussion, multimedia, web based course support, independent study, and other alternative methods of instruction)?
- * If so, please list the experience you’ve had with delivery systems.(Open Ended Question)
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document