Assistant Professor, Business:
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Assistant Professor|
|Department||Business Administration Department|
|Job Summary||To teach various courses within the business administration curriculum with a focus on management.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||• To teach courses in the Business Administration curriculum.
• Engage in high-quality instruction in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment.
• Use technology to enhance instruction and communicate effectively with the campus community.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college by participating in college-wide and departmental activities.
• Serve and/or lead departmental and college-wide, projects, taskforces
• Initiate, recommend, develop and implement programs that will grow the business department offerings.
• Conduct research as required to enhance instruction including new trends in teaching/learning modalities and business-related innovations/programs/certifications
• Deliver curriculum in a variety of modalities and locations
• Work collaboratively with peers and colleagues across the institution to enhance instruction and program offerings
|Minimum Qualifications||• Master’s degree in an area of Business required.
• Must be professionally qualified to teach courses in the management curriculum according to the standards of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The Department of Business Administration is accredited by the ACBSP. The standards for accreditation of Associate Degree Schools and Programs can be found at:
• At least five years of college-level teaching experience required, preferably at the community college level. Past teaching experience in business management.
• At least seven years’ work experience in related business fields, demonstrating innovation in a project or related experience required.
• Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
• Experience using technology to enhance instruction, manage classroom administrative tasks and communicate effectively with the campus community.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students with various learning styles, cultures, identities and life experiences.
• Be willing to travel and teach at multi-campus locations as required by department needs.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Demonstrated entrepreneurial and/or intrapreneurial experience
• Proven record of leading and implementing change or innovation
• Experience teaching in an entrepreneurial program or similar capstone course.
• Experience teaching courses in an online format.
|Reports To||Business Administration Department Chair|
|Campus Location||Multi-Campus Locations|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||Academic-year schedule; tenure-track position|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIFA|
|Salary Range||Hiring range: $43,305-50,985|
|Additional Salary Information||Commensurate with education and experience|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||Must have access to and use of own transportation.|
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date||Spring 2019|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||07/24/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)||09/14/2018|
|Open Until Filled||No|
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||The closing date to apply for this position is 9/14/18. This date includes a five-day grace period. Application materials will not be accepted after 11:59pm EST on 9/14/18.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Candidates must also submit within the application, contact information of two references. The two references will be automatically contacted once you submit your application materials. Each reference must submit a letter of recommendation (through the online process) by the application deadline.
Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master’s degree, or higher, in an area of Business?
- * Please list your degree(s) earned:(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you professionally qualified to teach courses in the Management curriculum according to the standards of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)?
- * Do you have at least five years of college-level teaching experience?
- * Do you have previous experience teaching business management?
- * Do you have teaching experience at the community college level?
- * Do you have at least seven years’ work experience in related business fields, demonstrating innovation in a project or related experience?
- * Do you have experience teaching in an entrepreneurial program or similar capstone course?
- * Do you have experience teaching courses in an online format?
- * Do you have demonstrated entrepreneurial and/or intrapreneurial experience?
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Student Evaluations
- Other Document