Director of Supply Chain
Director of Supply Chain
- Opportunity to Lead and Develop a Supply Chain organization
- High visibility and reporting line
About Our Client
Growing Pharma/Biotech/Life Sciences firm in the Burlington, MA area.
In this position as the Director of Supply Chain, the ideal candidate will provide leadership and management to direct staff engaged in procurement, purchasing, supply chain planning, inventory management, and distribution logistics to ensure continuous product supply and timely distribution of products while supporting the needs of sales and marketing, the international business, manufacturing, R&D and other internal teams.
In addition to traditional pharmaceutical manufacturing and R&D supply/logistics and procurement activities, this position is responsible for the management and optimization of the supply chain activities supporting a new direct sales product line releasing in 2018/19.
- Responsible for all supply, procurement, and logistics related activities supporting all GMP product manufacturing and distribution. This includes management of supplier relationships and negotiating secure contracts and agreements with a variety of product and service providers.
- Direct the efforts of a work team that manages supply chain activities from raw material procurement through release/shipment and distribution of finished products. Develop and execute tactical plans and budgets related to product forecasts planning for effective allocation of internal and external resources.
- Create strategy and provides leadership to ensure appropriate supply chain risk management strategies are employed so that appropriate levels of diversification are maintained for key products and components.
- Provide leadership and functional responsibility for project management supporting new promotions, product launches, and existing product launches into new markets.
- Lead efforts to convert Sales forecast into detailed supplier plans that will meet challenging business and manufacturing requirements. Develop cost-effective production schedules ensuring availability of materials to meet just-in-time manufacturing and distribution requirements.
- Develop and execute the Global Supply Chain, Procurement and Logistics strategic plan in line with current systems and organizational development needs and current and future business needs.
- Lead the Executive Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process with an outcome orientation in line with company product forecasts, demand plans and in alignment with the Sales and Operations planning process.
- Provide leadership in the planning and execution of strategy related to the development of the production and distribution model supporting the launch and commercialization of new and existing products.
- Provide strong leadership to effectively and efficiently align staff and resources to ensure key initiatives and deadlines are met on an ongoing basis. Identify and leverage individual employee strengths in order to achieve superior performance of the entire team. Oversee full range of performance management and training needs of staff to foster the growth of the team in support of long-term corporate strategies. Lead and motivate employees by providing feedback and coaching to enhance or improve performance by setting expectations and holding individuals accountable for performance.
- Communicate pro-actively with internal cross-functional stakeholders and external vendors to ensure effective and efficient utilization of all resources.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across a circa 100ee organization e.g., Manufacturing, Quality, R&D, Regulatory, International, Finance, Marketing and Sales to meet organizational goals.
- Drive quality and efficiency standards and improvements in all vendor relationships and processes. Lead the implementation and revision of practices, policies and procedures.
- Provide metric reporting and presentations as needed to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives, especially as this may relate to vendor analysis and reporting.
- Maintain current knowledge of, and ensure all work activities are conducted in compliance with the full range of related internal and external systems, technology, regulatory requirements and related policies and procedures. Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner.
The Successful Applicant
The Director of Supply Chain should have the following:
- 10 + years of experience working in Supply Chain , Materials Management, or related area.
- Highly Prefered experience in a pharmaceutical, life sciences, Biotech, or related company and industry.
- Must have experience with S&OP – Sales and Operations Planning.
- Must have experience leading a muti functional team (Purchasing, Planning, Logistics, Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving, Master Scheduling, Production Planning, S&OP)
- Must have experience with SAP or related system.
- Must have completed a Bachelors Degree program.
- Desired completion of a post degree program.
- Must be able to commute daily to the Burlington, MA area
- Must have strong ties to the Boston, MA area
- Local candidates highly preferred.
What’s on Offer
- Great opportunity to work for a leader in the pharma industry that is on a huge growth curve
- Very entrepreneurial environment.
- High visibility role
- Ability to be both strategic and hands on.