Program Director – Healthcare Workforce Transformation Initiatives
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Program Director – Healthcare Workforce Transformation Initiatives|
|Department||Dean of Health & Rehabilitative Sciences|
|Position Category||Staff – NonClassified|
|Job Summary||The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.
We meet the wide-ranging educational needs of our diverse student population, building on our rich tradition of excellence in teaching and our dedication to all students with the ability and motivation to succeed. We set high academic standards necessary for transfer and career success, champion diversity, respond to community needs, and contribute to our state’s economic development and the region’s workforce.
JOB SUMMARY: This position will support faculty and staff, research and implement innovative initiatives in healthcare disciplines at CCRI, build up academic infrastructure and community support, and ensure that we are reaching our goals in relation to Health Care Workforce Transformation.
|Duties and Responsibilities||• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Manage deliverables and achievement of Health System Transformation Project (HSTP) goals, produce reports, data analysis, research, implement programs, and reporting results/findings in accordance with the workforce development and HSTPgoals.
• Oversee and manage the daily operation of Healthcare Workforce Transformation initiatives funded by Medicaid Reimbursement
• Responsible for proposal writing, budget management, program development, operation outcomes and reporting
• Responsible for meeting policies, procedural requirements and deadlines for both the funding source(s) and the Community College.
• Hire, supervise and evaluate project staff as required.
• Design and implement curriculum development related to program objectives.
• Oversee the development and delivery of professional development and in-service training activities as required to meet project objectives.
• Convene and meet periodically with the HTSP Steering committee and internal and external stakeholders as needed.
• Develop and implement communication strategies to inform internal and external stakeholders of project goals and outcomes.
• Provide leadership for integrating funded projects into existing academic framework at the college.
• Evaluate project effectiveness on an ongoing basis using formative and summative measures.
• Ensure that appropriate data is collected throughout the funding cycle and report data and outcomes to the funding source according to timeline requirements.
• Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Other related duties as assigned.
|Minimum Qualifications||• Master’s degree required; PhD preferred.
• Three years of administrative experience in program planning and/or project development or the equivalent of this experience is required.
• Demonstrated skill in management including organizing workshops, meetings, and group process facilitation required.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with healthcare initiatives required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, knowledge of workplace competencies and understanding of skills standards required.
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Work experience in post-secondary education is preferred.
|Reports To||Dean of Health & Rehabilitative Sciences|
|Campus Location||Primarily located at the Lincoln Campus|
|Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information||35 hours per week; Non-Standard|
|Name of Bargaining Unit Union||CCRIPSA|
|Pay Grade||PSA 14|
|Salary Range||Salary range begins at $56,071|
|Additional Salary Information||Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Civil Service List position||No|
|Licenses, Tools and Equipment||• Various office equipment which may include accessing student records on the college administrative computer system, personal computers, telephones, copy machines, calculators, etc.
• Must have access to and use of own transportation.
|Environmental Conditions||• This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Desired Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary or grant)||This limited position is project-funded with the possibility of extension after December 29th|
Posting Detail Information
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Application Open Date||01/10/2018|
|Application Close Date (includes the grace period)|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||*This limited position is project-funded with the possibility of extension after December 29th.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be received by February 2, 2018.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume by the closing date. You do not need to complete the ‘Education History’ or ‘Employment History’ sections within the application if you are attaching a resume that includes the same information. Please include contact information of three references within the application. Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree or higher?
- * Three years of administrative experience in program planning and/or project development or the equivalent of this experience?
- * Do you have demonstrated skill in management including organizing workshops, meetings, and group process facilitation?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge and experience with healthcare initiatives?
- * Do you have excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, knowledge of workplace competencies and understanding of skills standards?
- * Do you have work experience in post-secondary education?
- * Where did you first learn of this job opportunity? (web site, advertisement/publication, agency referral, personal referral, other). Please be specific when using web site or publication names.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document